Slow down for an evening of mini-bites this holiday season.
The kitchen is where family and friends will congregate this holiday season, conversing over good food and festive beverages while catching up on the highlights of the year. Embrace the organized chaos of a crowded kitchen by creating an interactive feast of amuse-bouches (bite-sized appetizers) for everyone to enjoy.
Mix and mingle over a universally inspired selection of easy-to-prepare homemade appetizers this holiday season. With a range of flavours, textures, and tastes, there’s sure to be an amuse-bouche that’s fit for any guest.
Invite new and old friends, neighbours, and family members over for a feast of appetizers that will warm bellies and hearts. Food is the language of love, and around the holidays, it’s the little gestures—including amuse-bouches—that make a world of difference in the lives of others.
Brown Rice Onigiri with Nori Dust
Herbed Walnuts, Gouda, and Balsamic Apple Chutney Bites
Basil Shrimp and Glass Noodle Lettuce Cups
Holiday food Instagram tips
Snap a drool-worthy pic of your amuse-bouches—then tag @alivehealth and use the hashtag #alivemagazine!
- Use natural light close to a window to avoid shadows and an orange cast.
- Photograph from above for the most flattering angle (for phone cameras).
- Use editing apps such as VSCO to adjust the lighting and add cool filters.
- Garnish your dish to make it pop on the screen.
- Remember that food photographs best on pure white dishes.
- Use a neutral background such as wood, granite, or a cookie sheet.
- Find photo inspiration by following other food lovers (I’m @yummybeet on Instagram!).